Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Montreal Botanical Garden


My visit to the Montreal Botanical Garden, the visit including the Insectarium and the Exhibition Greenhouses was mesmerizing!

As this is my first autumn with leaves changing color and giving  the trees a complete different aspect, I loved the Botanical Garden with its thousands of plant species.


Furthermore, as I went during the month of October, not only I could enjoy the Chinese Garden’s Magic of Lanterns festival but also the Gardens of Light at the Japanese Garden.
In the Chinese Garden, brilliant and colorful lanterns represented plants, animals and mythical scenes.
Although both gardens celebrated the festival of lights, the Japanese Garden was completely different from the Chinese one: a serene environment was created through illuminated landscapes emphasizing on the loveliest parts of the Garden.
While visiting these Gardens, I also had the opportunity to know more about the Chinese and the Japanese cultures through indoor exhibitions that were held.

                                      Chinese Garden                                  Japanese Garden

At the Insectarium, I saw different species of butterflies, spiders, and other insects. There, I could also weight myself in number of ants! I weight approximately 3,500,000 ants!!



 As for the Greenhouses, there were two I appreciated the most. The first one was the one where bonsais (small size trees) where exhibited. The second one was the one where decorated pumpkins were displayed. These pumpkins were decorated for a competition and visitors could vote, using the internet for the one they appreciated the most.

                                            Pumpkin                                              Bonsai

Until now, the Botanical Garden is the best place I have been to in Montreal!
If you are reading this and you want to experience the Chinese Garden’s Magic of Lanterns, don’t worry! The event Gardens of Light will be held until November 4th! And if you really can’t make it until then, there is going to be another one next year, from September to November.

No comments:

Post a Comment