Thursday, November 29, 2012

Diwali in Montreal!


This year, being far away from my family, I didn’t expect to celebrate Diwali, commonly known as the “festival of lights” and being one of the most important festivals for Hindus.

Surprisingly, I enjoyed it as much as I would have being with my family in Madagascar.

Along with Indian students from McGill University, we went to the Ramji Temple, where, after praying and having delicious sweets, we celebrated Diwali with firecrackers.
Moreover, on the following Saturday, I went to the Diya Jale event, a south Asian ball organized by the ISA, PSA and MIPSA, 3 different south Asian groups of the McGill University. I spent the night meeting people, dancing on Indian songs and enjoying delicious Indian food and amazing performances. 

As you can see, thanks to people at McGill, we can enjoy each and every moment.



2 comments: