Thursday, November 29, 2012

Montreal Santa Claus Parade!






On the 17th of November, I attended the Montreal Santa Claus Parade most commonly known here in Montreal as “Le Défilé du Père Nöel”. That Parade consisted of decorated floats rolling on St. Catherine Street for about 2 hours. During those 2 magical hours, the St. Catherine Street was fully animated, with all kinds of entertainment, including music, dance and Christmassy scenes.




Seeing elves, fairies, people disguised in all kinds of Christmas tree decorations and finally the Santa Claus was mesmerizing but what really amazed me was the number of people that attended the Parade. I can even say that I have never seen that many people gathered in one place at the same time. In the Metro, they even had to stop selling tickets for a while as to many people were already waiting for the next Metro to come!

There was the same crowd we can see on the photo from Fort to St Urbain on St. Catherine Street 

From what I remember having heard, the Santa Claus Parade is an annual tradition, happening since 1925. As I really enjoyed it, I am planning on going next year as well. But before that, for those who couldn’t make it on the 17th, there is another Parade taking place tomorrow at 7pm in the neighborhood of the Beaubien Metro Station. 

No comments:

Post a Comment